1-L THE MACHINE CONCEPT #1 The Stationary Post - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

1-L THE MACHINE CONCEPT #1 The Stationary Post

Chapter 1

Old 04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Administrator

The Stationary Head CE#23
Originally Posted by GolfCatty

Using a mirror, I have been trying to maintain my spine angle throughout, especially on the backswing. Results in a more compact swing. Along with locking my hips in place, I had been lifting my spine to attain a full shoulder turn and lift my arms more. Now I also rotate my right hip back to prevent spine lifting.

One question I have is about the upper spine angle around the shoulder area. Since that area is 'hunched" over at address , does that area of the spine on the backswing have to remain hunched over? Or can it lift up, while the middle and lower spine angle remains constant? If I don't lift that part up, my backswing is extrememy short....my arms can only get to horizontal.

GolfCatty,

The correct Head position is established at Impact Fix (8-2; 7-. Once determined, the Head should remain Stationary (the First Essential per 2-0-A-1 and 1-L-1). Monitor your Impact Fix Head Location carefully. It will probably be somewhat lower than your present position.

Most players do not maintain the Stationary Head. In fact, many instructors even advise that it should move off the Ball (to the right) as part of the Backstroke and Weightshift. Of course, that simply is not the case for those who have trained themselves to execute the precision alignments of The Golfing Machine.

In addition to an improper Head position at Fix, and in many cases because of it, the Machine is also vulnerable to the third and fourth Snares, Bobbing (3-F-7-C) and Swaying (3-F-7-D). Bobbing's henchman is the faulty movement of the back or Knees (the Anchors per 7-16), while Swaying relies on an incorrect weight shift due to a faulty Pivot. Study the six Pivot Components of Zone #1 (9-1) and Translate (per Chapter 3) their Mechanics as quickly as possible into Identifiable Feels (Introduction). Per 1-L, "...mastery of the Pivot is so essential for good Golf."

Finally, monitor the position of the back at Address. Per 7-9:

"The back should be straight from the neck down--not rounded at the waist. It is easier to control the rotation of a straight rod than a bent one."