Hip Action - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

Hip Action

The Golfing Machine - Basic

Old 03-31-2013, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by vj View Post

Guys thanks for having a place to learn and grow. I'm a G.S.E.M that has a question concerning the hips.

I Know and implement the down the line slide of the swinger and the crossline slide of the hitter. I have devices which keep the bottom of the spine out (no crossline slide) that I use a lot for juniors.

My question is what is the best way to teach the correct hip slide to juniors. I have so many that learned the game with a closed face grip and rotated the the pivot very aggressively to square the face. A real mess.

thanks
Hi VJ,
There was a teenage Thai boy at the range the other day that was spinning his hips like crazy. [It is an epidemic here in Asia.] He is a good player at single digits. His coach asked me to have a look and help if I could. [Cool coach from Sweden]

I like to ask a few questions before hand to see what's up. I asked him where he is getting his power from... he said his hips. OK, when doing this do you feel you are pulling or pushing? He said, pulling.

OK, when pulling, do you feel more of your right hand or left hand during the swing motion? He had to do a mock swing before answering... left hand, he said.

Alright then, would you like to do an experiment? Sure, he says. We then talked a bit about PP #2.

OK, on this next swing see if you can pull the shaft down with PP #2 as your only concern. He did and hit the ball like a rocket. He hit another and one more� super solid shots. Amazingly and immediately his hips became more quiet and his balance more pure.

I asked him what he thought.

He said, �Better impact�.

I asked, �Did you think about your hips?�

He said, �No.�

I asked, �Do you like that feeling?�

He said, with a big smile, �Yes!�

I then told him that his Pivot Study has now run its course and he can now focus on building other things into his swing such as Purpose and Power.