strongly pulling with the left hand - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

strongly pulling with the left hand

The Golfing Machine - Advanced

Old 10-19-2012, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by O.B.Left View Post
This is swinging of course. Left Hand = Club face swinging or hitting but the strong sense of pulling is swinging. Great stuff. Watch Justin Rose do it , rehearse it . Swing his entire Primary Lever , left arm and club. Horizontal when he needs it.

But in your title you mentioned "strongly pulling with the left hand". I dont wish to picky but the "with" jumps out at me. ....Knowing you are a very good golfer Whip and TGM'r , for the benefit of those new to the site who IMO are likely to make a common but erroneous assumption (namely that Swingers, capital "S" , in the Homarian manner, pull with the left arm , active left arm as opposed to inert left arm) wouldnt you say that while the strong feel of pulling is sensed at the left hand primarily , the left hand and arm are not the source of the pull? Talking full shots here as there is a short shot , a one accumulator , left arm only Pull Minor Basic Stroke available to the golfer. Beyond that however the Left Arm returns to its passive mode in Homers line of thinking.

Pullling with the left arm from Top is a no no! Startdown being by definition the initiation of the move of the right shoulder down plane (assuming Standard Shoulder Turn).

Whip I know you know this but I just had to say this to save some guys months of self discovery time in their quest to TGM style Swinging. Unless you disagree of course, then lets talk. Do any accomplished golfers pull with the left arm for a long shot? Even though HOmer didnt define it or seem to like it. If so is it a viable option then? Would it suggest a sweep release as the left arm pulls away from the body earlier? Would Snap Release require a passive left arm? Hmmm Does passive left arm require Extensor Action , as defined or at the very least a stiff rod left arm to describe the radius. Cant have two passive arms can we? Although I did play with a guy who hit his right shoulder on his backswing and his left shoulder on his follow through , just sort of spun his soft arms from his pivot ... CF only straightening out his left arm and radius. he was about 60 , looked like Orville Redenbocker , not a big guy at all and I tell ya he crushed his drives .. crushed... made me think about Bobby Jones . Knudson said something about discovering that after years of working out all he had to do in the end was relax his muscles.

cheers

PS for some context on my post. I went through a bad spell recently , until I realized I had been pulling with my left arm . Now with a passive left arm which requires extensor action for radius and a renewed sense of the flying wedges aka Homers "arm set" my game is back. This is Homers stuff, great stuff, it works for me. Passive left arm , passive right arm except for the non accelerating thrust of extensor action. On plane right forearm , right elbow bent at address and impact but straight at follow through. It works. But you have options of course.
ob im talking about manual override which comes out for me as an angled hinge most comfortably but can also hh, its a viable option for a cut shot, the feeling of pulling through with the back of the left hand, the left hand being equal to the clubface i control the left hand through the ball as if it were the clubface. with extensor theres no need for muscular pulling with this sensation simply a controlling of the left wrist through impact instead of leaving it up to cf. for chip shots i feel the whole of the left arm pulling through the ball this is still true swinging a pulling action no need for muscular manipulation during this just motion. standard shot is freewheeling cf it does it all for me after the start down, but when i need to really control it or fade it or chip shots or pitches or putts i will focus on two things, extensor and moving the back of my left hand through the ball as if it were the clubface.

apologize for the terrible grammar and spelling on previous posts i waas posting on iphone which i was terrrible with lol

Last edited by whip : 10-19-2012 at 04:39 PM.