Camera-plane alignment - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

Camera-plane alignment

Drills, Training Aids and Equipment

Old 09-20-2012, 12:03 PM

Additional parts of the alignment process
I want to add information because I seldome see good camera alignment for dtl photos.
A thread above, Ref. an article with more than 50 dtl pix and "none" are good for analysis.
http://www.lynnblakegolf.com/forum/thread8736.html
Maybe the next part will correct this as is pointed out in the last paragraphs but I am not sure.

Items to keep in mind:

A flat plane, viewed edge on, (becomes one dimensional) is seen as a line. When viewed in this manner U can see anything that protrudes above or below the plane. This is the information U need.

The base line will then be covered by the clubshaft plane line, and, since the base line, when extended, will go through the target. Therefore the clubshaft plane line will also pass through the target. ( I do not see many pix that fill this requirement).

U must know where the clubshaft plane is located to set up a camera in this manner.

Impact Fix is a great starting point.

For practical reasons, a low camera position (waist level or lower) would seem better because higher moves the view back behind the golfer.

Remember, if there is a plane shift, the view will contain either above or below plane view for any part of the swing shifted. therefore a second line can not be accurately drawn without moving the camera.

HB

Last edited by HungryBear : 09-20-2012 at 02:59 PM.