Swing Plane, Path and other considerations. - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

Swing Plane, Path and other considerations.

The Golfing Machine - Advanced

Old 09-16-2012, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by O.B.Left View Post
More like this below , but the top line and the clubhead path should run smack dab through the Turned Right Shoulder at Top to more precisely comply with what Homer was talking about in the audio tapes from 1982. Disregard the narrative , just talking about the visuals on this video.

(Homer would have prescribed an intact Right Forearm Flying Wedge at address too Id imagine. With the Hands , the Right Forearm and Elbow on the same plane as the shaft . Making those two lines closer together.... But thats a different topic. Hmmm I should clarify things maybe. Anyone confused , beguiled or frustrated by Homers 1982 non shaft planar backswing audio should know that IMO Lynn teaches an on plane right forearm at address and a 10-13-A Standard Shoulder Turn with a slight plane shift up to the 10-6-B Turned Shoulder Plane . Making for two lines that are fairly close together ... minimizing plane angle shift but not negating it. So for those reading between the lines Lynn does not teach the high hands as depicted photo 10-6-B #1 that are required to plane the on plane right forearm and shaft to a Turned Shoulder Plane for a true zero shift procedure. This is what he taught me anyways. This what I see in Hogans swing too for example. But, of course and Homer would be the first to say .... you do have options.)

[url}
Thanks ! I had never seen his swing from that point of view !