newbie help appreciated - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

newbie help appreciated

Lynn Blake Golf / Fundamentals

Old 05-03-2012, 04:20 PM

newbie help appreciated
Hi Folks,

first of all thanks alot to the forum and the help provided here, I am studiing TGM for a few months now and it slowly shakes into the right direction, sometimes a bit more some a bit less, learning curve, I guess.

After receiving the Alignment DVD - pls note it can be stuck quiet a while in customs overseas - I watched them at least 3 times dirng the last nights...... there is so much to learn from there, big THANKS to Yoda and VJ, really awesome stuff in there.

Now my "Problem": I have a friend, totally new to golf, never had a club in his hand and he follwoed my invitation to sneak into G.O.L.F. I went through some very basic fundamentals, like grip, posture and ONLY basic motion for some 120 Balls one the practice tee. Towards the end of the session he had already some good compression every now and then, but it was quiet hard to prevent him from throwing the club at the ball.......

Gonna meet him after the weekend again and since I never tried to "teach" TGM to anybody besides myself, I wonder where to pick up then, should I stay with him with basic motion till he gets better there first or should I "let" him advance slowly to aquired motion since he already tries to put some violence into his basic motion in order to hit it further?

Any advices would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, some of the people usually playing with me, asked where my definitely improved precision comes from and how many lessons I took from the local pro, well I pointed them here and spread the word about TGM in my club and the first 3 successfully "think" and State they see great improvement right from the start, well let's see........

cheers
Frank

PS Practice round today gave the first 290m drive since years.....thanks to ea and aiming point I have definitely increased my width and dramatically increased my distance, while maintining all direction control -> 7 Iron + 30m carry, now at 165m on average I am overwhelmed by this improvement since I watched alignment dvds and applied some of the stuff. I have good distance control with my wedge from 100m with vertical over 115 with angled hinging and to 130 with horizontal hinging, finally I have not yet to use different hinges from 6 iron upwards due to quiet many glitches in my swing - these glitches seem to disappear gradually and very consistent.

I havent played any full rounds during the past weeks since I was looking to have a reliable swing again in the first place. Looking forward....

Last edited by nighthawk36 : 05-03-2012 at 04:31 PM.