How important is the Full Swing in Scoring Low? - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

How important is the Full Swing in Scoring Low?

Playing the Game � Course Management

Old 01-25-2012, 05:49 AM

Hi,

picking up this one, since I just read a lot.

I think it perfectly makes sense to improve on all aspects of the game, but let me emphazise on %age shots, esp from the tee to leave yourselve with an option to reach for a GIR.

We have a mid long Par 5 about 490m uphill, and you have 2 choices with the tee shot: rip your driver as high as a lob wedge over a small forrest to leave you with the opportunity to go for it in 2 OR play a 4 iron over a pond and short of a little river and continue from there.

Since I can hit probably 10% of my drives high enough to go over the forrest, I prefer to use the 4 iron for hte tee shot on a PAR 5 and still can reach in GIR and if not, I have played many more pars there then on other Par5 which I tried to reach in 2 and failed.

Knowing your game is crucial and build your strategy around that makes your day scoring wise.