Any recommendations on iPhone GPS App? - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

Any recommendations on iPhone GPS App?

The Lab

Old 05-13-2011, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by GolfFans View Post
Just downloaded a new App called GolfSites. Similar to those you recommended GolfShot and GolfLogix. But this one has something that attracted me.

I will play with it during the weekend and share a review with you all.
Been busy. Went on the course Saturday and used GolfSites.

I had downloaded my course (Brookside in Pasadena) the night before so I can run this App first. My course don't have good signal for my AT&T so I want to make sure I have the course.

Turns our even when there's no signal, the GPS runs just fine, maps all there.

This App uses a strange way to enter score, it's like the shape of the course. So when I hit a ball, I press Tee button, then it will ask me which club I use, I picked the driver. Then my second shot in hole 1 is on the left rough, I press the left rough button and then it ask me which club i use. So everytime I hit a ball, I press 2 buttons. It's quite easy as you get the hang of it.

after the round, I saved my round and when I go to review it. Wow, I see my ball path outlined in green and blue. Maybe not all is accurate, as they did not show shots in some cases, I suppose it's too small to be viewed on the iPhone. But overall, it's a great way to review the game.

I like one statistic feature, since I track my ball path, I can also track my club's distance and the statistic side gives me my golf club average distances.