a "LITTLE" over Plane - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

a "LITTLE" over Plane

Amazing Changes

Old 03-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Lynn Blake Certified Master Instructor

the line in the sand...or, on the ground
Originally Posted by drewitgolf View Post
Ted,
Would you be so kind as to explain to our veiwing audience the significance of the stick placed on the ground at 45 degrees to the Plane Line in the second video.
With the Clubface having such an impact on direction, I started with Hinge Action. When he understood the connection between the OTT and Steering and was able to see a few balls take off straight left with some compression, he was more comfortable with the Inclined Plane conversation.

So, the dowel on the ground was a reference for his hands. I told him that his hands needed to take a path from SHOULDER TO BALL (visually to right field) instead of from the Stratosphere to the center of the Earth. Removing the desire to swing toward the target or to swing left was easier with a closing Clubface. I told him the Ferris Wheel swing was no longer welcome.

When the distance increased with the new swing, I think he would have stood on his head if I had asked. He was sold.

I have a few drills that I use when I get people that look like this. Trying to explain them is much more difficult to do than to show them.

For those less fortunate, Swinging is an option.