golf channel reveals 4 finalist tommorrow - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

golf channel reveals 4 finalist tommorrow

The Golf Channel Instructor Search

Old 12-02-2010, 03:14 AM

"A lot of strands to keep in old Duder's head"
Originally Posted by brianmontgomery2000 View Post
I just watched Martin's 30 minutes from last night. I can see why he's in -- good message but very, very simple. More "do this and it will help" and not so much "and here's why that's the right way." I thought some of the actions would lead to good TGM fundamentals -- like the bungee cord to show the left arm alignment (poor man's Taly?).

Yoda's test video was far more informative in less time, but I'm betting TGC believes that their average viewer can only handle "prime rib and pepperoni pizza" as opposed to deeper discussions about flying wedges and flat left wrists, etc.

I guess I'm just glad to have found Lynn and this place. I'm tired of short term band-aids and changes that I don't understand why they work (even if they do work). I want to understand the wherefore's and the why's -- I want to know the physics and the geometry. I want the satisfaction of knowing why that great swing (or hit!) just happened and that I can repeat it at will!

I suspect most folks here feel the same way...
Out of the finalists Martin Hall is the obvious pick.

Palacios-Jansen's video tip on grip presure was good but I wish she would have made reference to the 5th edition.(6-H-0-A. Avoid unintentional change in Pressure Point Pressure. (7-11))

Wayne Player's dad has nine majors and name recognition, I'm afraid he'll win.

I believe the reason that Lynn was not chosen as a finalist, altough it's possible that The Golf Channel may believe that the average viewer would not understand The Golfing Machine, is that he is so superior to the other contestants it would be too embarassing to "ortodox golf instruction," as a whole, for him to have a regular forum.
But the truth will eventually win out.