Movement, just keep it mowing? - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

Movement, just keep it mowing?

Mind over Muscle � The Mental Approach

Old 03-25-2010, 11:17 PM

Nice references thanks, but not the video I shot, it isnt here. Maybe someday. Its kind of long, I tried compressing it and sending it but it was all blurry and jumpy. I could maybe mail it to Yoda or Bam Bam. Someday.

Bear you've been working hard on this stuff. It's frustrating when you think its all for not. We've all been there, me as recently as today in fact. I always tell myself that its transitional. That Im just too much in my own head, practicing not playing etc. That when it all settles in Ill be fine, better for it. I find it healthy to tell little lies to myself like that.

See Methods 3-C . You have to cut yourself some slack when making changes. When Im working with Lynn and shank one he always says....."your in Crash...dont worry about it". The changes take time to bloom sometimes, not always, but bloom they do.

Extensor Action is a tough one to crack for sure. Shelve it for a while if you have to. It'll come back to you given time.

Drew asked you about something earlier. Something we all tend to do at times. Im wondering now too. Per 5-0 "If you feel your game isnt reflecting your understanding of Alignments ---STOP MONITORING THE CLUBFACE INSTEAD OF YOUR HANDS".

It can be a magic cure for me at times, that one. Dont watch the clubface or clubhead keenly, put your brain in pressure points , in your hands. Swing the Hands. Let the club go where it want to. The Hands are just Clamps.

Monitoring the clubface often induces Hand Action, Steering and mis hits,throwaway the yips etc, etc. Yikes. No one is more aware of the moment of contact than the guy with the yips. Impact is not a Station. I keep relearning the need for the Three Stations to get me out of that mess.

When things arent working out ask yourself which of the Three Imperatives are you missing. Flat left Wrist, Lag Pressure Point, or Straight Line Base Line. If you made me pick the one I wouldnt want to lose itd be Lag Pressure. Its presence alone can cure a lot of ills.

Ha , just realized that those six things will help you control the Three Functions, which gives you the entire Triad doesnt it? Lot of help I am.

Perhaps get the book transcribed into Latin for easier reading?

Last edited by O.B.Left : 03-25-2010 at 11:34 PM.