"We don't need no stinkin badges" - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

"We don't need no stinkin badges"

2005 Masters

Old 01-09-2010, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by BerntR View Post
Good stories. Pretty pictures. Reminds me of my first home club. Trondheim GC:

I signed up in '89. Since I still was a student it cost me short of 100 US$ a year. And then I could play as much as I wished. This is a 9 hole course, and there were just around 350 members at the time, and probably only 100 active golfers. So we could basically T off whenever we wanted. During the first two summers I regularly played 27 holes in the afternoon. Of course with good help from the late sunset in Norway in summer time.

Not the best course as far as conditioning is conserned. But the view in june is beyond description. There are some places there where you get the feeling of playing on the roof of the city of Trondheim, the fjord Trondheimsforden - and with a spectacular view over to the Fosen peninsula. All of this spiced up with a couple of beautiful ponds and norwegian wood in "angle of approach". While I am probably memorizing this beatiful place through a "Doris Day" filter, the picture doesn't do full justice to how pretty this place is.

While I was a member there I played the annual Midnight Golf tournament in june a couple of years in a row. We started around 9 pm and played ordinary golf. As long as you kept the ball in play the light was good enough. It was a feast afterwords, starting around 1 am, and quite a few of the players kickstarted the feast on the course. Anyway, I won my putter the second time I participated. Closest to the pin on a par 3 - on the very first hole where I made a birdie. This was in '89., I have tried some other putters during the years, but "Nothing Compares 2U". It was the best prize I've ever won. A Ping Anser 2 in berullium copper. One of these days I'll show you a putter grip that's married to this putter. A grip you have probably never seen before. Developed before I knew anything about TGM. But still something that a true TGM-er can understand
NIce story BerntR. My putter for the last 15 years or so anyways is my dads old Ping Anser 029 from the early seventies. With a Canada only, i think, Slazenger red label shaft. Ive tried out many another model but keep coming back to this old friend of mine. It aint pretty but ................ its mine.