Prolonged slump - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

Prolonged slump

Mind over Muscle � The Mental Approach

Old 12-18-2009, 04:35 PM

Point taken
"Just hit the thing!" did not do his teen son much good either! To his credit he let me help him out without interfering. But as soon as I tried to explain to him what I was asking his kid to do he put his hands in his ears and started to say "na...na...na" My point in mentioning the story was his position that people would be better off hitting fewer balls per practice session. I have heard you use this example before Yoda where if you go to the range and work on just one or two components...say keep the left foot nice and flat. So off you go to the range and hit 25 balls working on "flat left" This has been helpful to me and those I try to help. Asking questions like "What zone are we in today?" or "What component are you working on today?" This as opposed to searching for a magic bullet of some sort. I have used the quip you use(Dave Hill I think it was) something to the effect that all you have to do to know that you are gifted, or a natural, or talented is to hit a million balls first! Of course he said "Yeah, I know Dave!" Gotta love those "naturals!"