Ben Hogan's Power Secret - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

Ben Hogan's Power Secret

The Lab

View Poll Results: Why Did Ben Hogan's Right Foot 'Power Push' Create Extra Power?
1. It increased the 'lag and drag' in the Pivot Train. 29 24.37%
2. It enabled his Instant Acceleration Hip Action and 'Crank the Gyroscope' Drag Loading. 31 26.05%
3. It increased his ability to Thrust his Right Shoulder and thereby accelerate his Left Arm through Impact. 13 10.92%
4. It enabled him to get his Right Elbow further past the Ball during Release. 22 18.49%
5. It enabled a more vertical Straight Line Delivery Path and therefore a smaller Pulley Wheel for his Snap Release. 24 20.17%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2009, 10:31 PM

Why did Ben Hogan's Right Foot help him create extra power... I don't think it did!

I think Yoda as you talk about the left hand being a Nerd, I would say the same for Hogan's right foot. He had the extra spike so the foot did not slip from underneath him always turned clock wise. As you look at Hogan from the top of the back swing he is fully into his left leg and the right leg has straighten. As Hogan starts the the down swing the some of the pressure moves back to the right foot as the knee folds and the hips turn, but is quickly returned to his left side as the left knee pops from hip rotation. If you watch his right foot on most video's it rolls in on the side and raises "pronates". The lateral motion starts the down swing, the low right hip activates the right knee, the right hip covering substains the motion of the right shoulder as a counter balance, and the right foot pronation is the balance point to keep him into his leftside. This my opinion!

Last edited by BurleyGolf : 08-02-2009 at 09:57 PM.