Aiming point concept - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

Aiming point concept

Golf By Jeff M

Old 12-29-2008, 10:30 PM

Strav - you are correct that the downstroke 9-2-8 only starts from the mid-downswing. However, the hand movement in a full golf swing starts from the top (or end) of the backswing.

If people use the aiming point concept from the mid-downswing (official start of the downstroke of 9-2-8 ) then I can clearly see how one can use the aiming point technique to aim the straight line thrust at the ball. However, I cannot envisage using the straight line thrust action from the end of the backswing position where the clubshaft is parallel to the ball-target line and PP#3 is under the shaft.

I also do not understand what a straight line thrust really means for a swinger. A swinger should only experience enough pressure at PP#3 to sense/control clubhead lag because he is not drive loading the club.

I still have not seen anyone present any evidence that this straight line thrust action affects the hand delivery path - turning a circle delivery path to a straight line delivery path. Yoda stated that this "straight line thrust action" is used in all hand delivery actions (10-23-A or 10-23-E).

GBD - see my comments in the hand delivery path thread.

Jeff.