I Can't See Straight - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

I Can't See Straight

Playing the Game � Course Management

Old 09-04-2008, 10:12 AM

See it...feel it...hit it!
Thanks, Guys! I appreciate the intervention! I will read the article and look into getting the book you recommended, Matt. O.B., it is definately a plane line thing. I trust myself to set up perpindicular to the plane line, and even open or closed to it, but getting a bearing on the line itself is a chore. I think I have paid attention exclusively to the target line for years. I like the fire idea I will give that a go. I think it comes down to concerted mental effort.

I enjoy challenging courses. I am not a big fan of of what I call S.A.D course (stroke and distance) where every miss costs you both a stroke and distance. I enjoy courses where you can at least punch out etc. I still managed to break 80, but it was WORK!

I feel that it comes down to I.Q, or imagination quotient. Through practice or innate gifting some people can "see" better than others. HK alluded to the importance when referring to a period of "static realignment" at top. You have to see the line you are to uncock and roll on. I think this is a skill that all the great players have/had. It takes work...the hardest kind of work being mental! I think I get lazy out there and fall in and out of committment! A likely culprit is most likely lazy practice habits. I do put dowels down to form a plane line, but you do not have to imagine or sense what is already there!

I am going to make a committment to The Forum, that Okie henceforth will endeavor to see it......feel it...before I hit it! I will report back. Thanks for the ideas.