Hitting Curves - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

Hitting Curves

Playing the Game � Course Management

Old 07-31-2008, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Hennybogan View Post
Mike O,

Sorry about the delay. There might be a situation with a sloping fairway or something like that.

Most pros would like to think that they curve it both ways at will, but few of them have the control to consistantly pull off the shots. Basically, they play their standard shot and curve it less when they want to "work it the other way."

Many pros do work the ball with or against the wind with mid irons. They often change the trajectory.

My advice would be to play the shape you are most comfortable with and adjust your aim. Personally, I like to draw the ball, but I do have a standard cut tee shot when there are trees too close on the right.

Early time tomorrow, off to bed.
Thanks,
Nice to know and Yes, that was the answer that I had in mind- I was playing a hole at a course which I wasn't familiar with and the third time around I finally realized that because it sloped so much to the right and also the dogleg was to the right and since the fairway was fairly hard and fast- I created a much bigger fairway by moving the shot against the hill and in a direction opposite from the movement of the dogleg.