The Gathering Place - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

The Gathering Place

The Masters 2008

Old 04-15-2008, 12:38 AM

My 3rd Tuesday
This was my third Tuesday practice round. (2001 & 2006 prior). Each time I am in complete awe of the visual sight one takes in. This was the first year we took the time to walk out onto the par 3 course. If you've walked down the left side of #10 and looked at the front of the "cabins" further to the left you would think they were modest in size. Then go onto the par 3 course and look back into the rear of the "cabins" and they don't look anything like cabins. BIG...

Got onto the grounds at 8AM and by the time noon rolled around I had breakfast and lunch which included a Coke, egg salad sandwich, Moon Pie cookie, a 10oz beer in the commemorative cup, a pimento cheese sandwich and a Masters crisp bar all for $8. I've been to U.S. Opens, PGA Championships, Chicago Bear, Bull, Blackhawk, Cub and White Sox games and felt financially raped when going to a concession stand. Not at Augusta National.

My big thrill for the day. We were walking up the left side of #10 when Tom Watson was playing his second shot into the green. The first was short right and rolled back down the hill. The second was longer and rolled into the center of the green. As he was walking away, someone about 15 yards up the fairway asked him what the yardage was. "166" he said. When he got to where I was I asked..."Tom, what did you hit?" He looked over at me with that Watson smile and said "An 8 iron and then a 7 iron".

How cool is that!!!

Last edited by tradekid : 04-15-2008 at 12:44 AM.