The Open 2007 - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

The Open 2007

The Open Championship / July 20-23, 2006

Old 07-23-2007, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by hg View Post

His press room conference after Sunday's event was so revealing of his frame of mind. He blamed the wait on I believe 18 for his poor iron shot into the green. He made reference to the ball hitting the flagstick and bouncing 15 feet off as just another omen of bad luck that haunts him...and as he said it isn't the first time that something like this has happened to him...what can one say for poor Sergio....destined never to win a Major because the gods are against him.

At the same time, few of us are successful enough in anything that we are interviewed immediately after our greatest upsets. I know my amount of perspective can be rather dismal after I get a grade on an exam I don't much care for. I don't agree with what he said, but I don't know how I would truly sound under those circumstances . . . would love to find out though!

The reason you can't sustain the lag is because you are so eager to make the club move fast (a reaction to the intent of "hitting it far"). So on a full shot you throw it away too early, which doesn't happen for your short chip. (bts)