Administrator

The Bent Plane Line -- Explanation, Cause And Cure
Originally Posted by rangerover
Yoda,
How would I figure out which one that I doing. I understand (A) & (C) but
(B) is the one I'm not clear on. Looks like I need to make an appointment
to visit the swamp.
Rangerover,

The Bent Plane Line means that instead of Tracing the original Plane Line through Impact, you Trace Outside-In (from above the Plane) or Inside-Out (from below the Plane). In other words, you are now Tracing an entirely new Plane Line and, in effect, have 'Bent' the original (either to the left or to the right).

Most high handicappers Bend the Plane Line to the left. In other words, they swing Outside-In and come in with the Right Forearm too 'high' (and pointing beyond the Plane Line instead of driving toward it). This usually results from the Flat Downstroke Right Shoulder Turn (see Photo 10-13-B-#3) that inevitably lifts the Hands Off Plane as well.

In turn, this Right Shoulder 'Spin-Out' is the product of faulty Hip Control, namely failure to lead the Downstroke with a slight Hip Slide parallel to the Plane Line. It is this move that both Loads the Lag and allows the Right Shoulder -- and with it the Hands and the Loaded Lag Pressure Point -- to be pulled Down Plane toward the Ball. Only when this is done can the Right Forearm return to its mandatory Impact Fix alignment through Impact.

The cure?

The Downstoke Waggle (3-F-5).

We do a lot of that down here in The Swamp. Y'all come!