Swamp Success - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

Swamp Success

Misc.

Old 03-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Administrator

The 'Right' Cure
Originally Posted by rangerover
Yoda,

Thanks for the clarity. I use the right foot first and club in my right hand in my address/setup as well. But like Keith i have tendency to aim right, so would that drill of stepping in with the left foot first correct the alignment problems.
No, rangerover: Stay with the Right Foot / Right Forearm formula. There was no 'Left Foot first' drill. There was only Keith executing an old habit but nevertheless achieving a new dead-on alignment! This happy circumstance was due largely to his growing sense of his Right Forearm Flying Wedge and its alignment with the Plane Angle and its Line. Also, we made liberal use of the dowel as an alignment aid in the earlier hours of the lesson.

Getting back to your problem: The long-term cure is to realize why you aim to the right and then to correct that root cause. And the reason is that your Computer has figured out that you (a) Bend your Left Wrist through Impact; or (b) Bend your Plane Line (usually at the Start Down); or (c) fail to grip the Club (at Impact Fix) with a slightly open Clubface when using Horizontal Hinging; or (d) do all three.

Any one of this incomplete list of malfunctions will cause the Ball to go left. And not just some of the time...but every time. Hence your Computer 'helps you out' by aiming right. And now the always Pulled Shot appears to go 'straight.'

But it isn't going straight: It's going left.

And that is what you need to fix in order to effect a permanent change in your Address alignments.