Dowel Practice Benefits - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

Dowel Practice Benefits

Chapter 3

Old 01-20-2005, 02:46 AM
Administrator

Below The Belt
Originally Posted by krpainter
Yoda, great post about the dowel primer....I think this will really help me visualize and feel the direct path to the top and then back to impact. My question has to do with the dynamic exersize. What is your lower body doing during this exersize? I assume that since you are keeping the head still there must not be much of a pivot.

I am really starting to get excited about TGM and trying to apply it. Everytime I try to implement a TGM concept it has an immediate positive impact on my swing. I have seen other writeups about how complicated TGM is, but to me it has simplified the swing to its important parts.

Looks like I have to make a trip to Home Depot for some dowels....if I can make it there with the snow coming down.
Thanks, kr. I enjoyed writing it for you!

Regarding the Lower Body's participation in this fundamental Motion...

First, remember that the correct Pivot demands a Fixed Point on Both ends. So, the Head will remain Stationary and, to a large degree, so will the Feet. Both Feet will remain Flat on the Ground, and even Rolling should be only enough to maintain your Balance.

On the Backstroke, your Weight will Shift, the Right Hip will Clear (straight back), and your Left Knee will accomodate that Motion by rotating slightly inward and forward. On the Downstroke, the Weight will once again Shift as the Hips Slide and Turn slightly. These motions should not be exaggerated, and thus the Body will remain 'comparatively Squared Away.

Both Knees will remain Bent throughout (Right Anchor per 10-16-C) and will rotate slightly as you enter the 'Sit Down' position. The angle of the Right Leg (to the ground) will remain constant on the Backstroke and shift slightly forward on the Downstroke to accomodate the Hip Slide.

In short, your Feet and Knees -- collectively the Legs -- support the Motion. The Right Hip Clears a path for the Hands to be taken Up Plane by the Bending Right Elbow and Foream.