The Lighter Side Of Accelaration Loading and Stalking Menace - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

The Lighter Side Of Accelaration Loading and Stalking Menace

Chapter 6

Old 02-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Administrator

The Lighter Side Of Accelaration
Originally Posted by johngolf33
If one is fighting overacceleration, it is very difficult to maintain constant "Thrust." Can anyone tell me how to cure overacceleration problems? Do you focus on moving the body and hands at the same RPM's, or do you take it back shorter and slower until you can feel "Lag" all the way down to follow through? This is a problem for me when I've worked all morning at a quick pace and show up at the course and now have to shift gears to a slower mode.
John,

Creating and sustaining Lag is not about 'slower' or 'faster' Golf Strokes. It is about 'lighter' or 'heavier' Loading. And it is amazing how little Loading is actually required. Far less than most players imagine -- half or less -- produces magical Power.

The 'lighter' Loading automatically produces a slower Stroke and yet sustains the Lag. But, when we get these results, we tend to think, "Oh my goodness. How wonderful! Now let me see how far I can hit it when I really Load up!" The result, of course, is a much faster Stroke, the Over-Acceleration you mention, and the dismal results experienced by most.

This 'lighter' Lag Loading is counter-intuitive, and failure to understand it is yet one more reason why so few play the Game well.