Davis Love III of 17th - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

Davis Love III of 17th

The PGA Championship / August 14-20, 2006

Old 08-22-2006, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by EdZ
Given his situation, the motion looked to me to be pretty solid for the type of shot he wanted. Just a tough spot. The only way to really ensure you get though that shot is to try to play more of a sweeping/level impact with a less open face or even hands ahead, but you risk a big shot that will roll forever if you catch it wrong. Nearly impossible to predict how that type of shot would react. With water in the back and a green running away, no easy option there. The mistake was his second attempt IMO - trying to play the same type of shot he had just missed to the same area. The club selection off the tee pretty much ensured a bogey, but it sure can be hard to not get 'cute' when you are playing well and face a challenge late in the round.

Looks like he is swinging very well to my eye. Hopefully he can put that shot behind him and come out strong today.
True it was a next to impossible shot given the lie. But I suppose the reason they put majors on tv is so hackers like me can criticise the best players in the world from the comfort of our favourite arm chairs.