2-J-3 Down and Out - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

2-J-3 Down and Out

Chapter 2

Old 04-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Administrator

What's My Line? CE#68
Originally Posted by cdog

Plane line is the intersection of the horizonital plane and the angled plane (i guess its means the angle of the clubshat at address).
Target line is either square, open or closed to the plane line. (7-5)

Call me dense, but this means we SWING along the target line whether its the plane line or not??
Example: Hitting, at address we have our plane line where the shaft and horizonital plane meet, then we swing in to out (cross line), so the in to out plane we swing on IS the target line??

Cdog,

Stance Line and Plane Line Combinations are always defined relative to the the Target Line -- the Ball Line of Flight -- and not the other way around. However, you always swing along the Sweetspot Plane Line (the Clubshaft Plane Substitute per 2-F) -- which may or may not be the Target Line. Per the discussion below, the Plane Line and the Target Line normally are one. However, if they are not (per 10-5-D and 10-5-E), then swinging along the Target Line (and not the Plane Line) would result in a 'Bent' Plane Line. Here, the Plane Line (Baseline) of the intended Plane of the Clubhead Line of Flight (2-N-0) is intersected by the Plane Line of the actual Clubhead Line of Flight (Target Line) that is crossing it. The 'Bend' occurs at Impact along the Line of Divergence between the two Plane Lines.

Hitters using the On Line (2-J-3) Arc of Approach Procedure Trace the same Plane Line as Swingers -- typically the Square Plane Line of 10-5-A. Again, assuming the Sweet Spot Plane (2-F) -- as opposed to the Clubshaft Plane -- the Impact Point Plane Line lies on the Target Line, i.e., they are dually represented by the same single line.

Hitters using the Cross Line Angle of Approach Procedure do not visually Trace the Square Plane Line that lies atop the Target Line. Instead, they visually Cover the Closed Plane Line of 10-5-E whose Base Line actually crosses it (2-J-2).