Mac O'Grady - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

Mac O'Grady

Misc.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Skinning the Cat CE#47
Originally Posted by sonny

Yoda , Yeah your hands are higher at impact .Ogrady says its because of centrif. force . Golf machine uses component #15 hip action to describe the physics of throw out. While component number #14 hip turn keeps the club always vertical to path. Mac says when you go P1 to P2 the club releases up , but if you look at the position of the rt arm just pass the rt toe , it would be closer the body then the same position coming down after a double shift . Otherwise you hit pushes , the rt arm angle should point to the ball while in pitch basic ( higher then address) then it will be UNHAMPER and the throw out of accumulator #3 (6-B-3-0) will whip the club face into impact alignment. Just a side note , I use 2-J-1 to vary height on my shots. Address the ball on the heel to hit low( i.e you need more foward lean at impact to get the sweet spot. Address the ball on the toe to hit the ball higher( i.e you apply a little more extensor action to get to the center of the club) . I glad to see the forum up and running again. SONNY

Hi Sonny,

First time we've 'talked.' Lot's of interesting stuff in your post. It's always neat to see how others apply the principles and procedures of The Golfing Machine to make it happen' in their own game.

I met with Mac (O'Grady) some twenty years ago at a tour stop. Homer had just died, and we spent an afternoon together hitting balls and talking Golf Machine. Since then, though, we've lost contact, and while I've heard of his system, I'm not familiar with it. I understand it is based on The Golfing Machine but adds a good deal more 'bells and whistles.'

I think I know what you're driving at with the "P1 to P2 Release Up" but could you supply a bit more detail? Thanks!