2-K Generation of Angular Motion THE FLAIL - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

2-K Generation of Angular Motion THE FLAIL

Chapter 2

Old 04-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Administrator

The Wrecking Ball CE#27
Originally Posted by hue

I am more of a swinger than a hitter but in the past tend to hit my pitch shots. Distance control is what I am after. Do YOU think that pivot control swinging action is a better way of doing this than monitoring the degree of right arm thrust. Could you point me to any books/websites/videos that you think are good in this area ?
I have learned a lot from your posts they have been an eye opener. I am going through them at the moment. Where else have you been posting? Where do you teach and where are you based?

Many thanks

John Hue

John,

Only one Basic Stroke Pattern is necessary. Choose either 12-1-0 (Hitting) or 12-2-0 (Swinging). Given your explanatory profile, I suggest Swinging. However, you control the entire Stroke Pattern, its alignments and distance, with your Educated Hands. That is The Key. Chapters 4 and 5. Please.

Forget about the Websites and the Videos and go to Toys R Us and get a big whiffle ball, the size of a soft ball. Tie a 3-foot or so piece of cord to it and start Swinging. This is the "rope" handle technique of the Swinger. The line is the "rope" handle that you use to "Pull" (or whirl) the whiffle ball. If you were a Hitter, you would Push against an 'axe' handle. And, of course, our little whiffle ball & line would be worthless. Can't Push against a string!

Don't think too much.

Go buy the whiffle ball and twine.

Swing it. Let it wrap around your Body in both directions. Feels good. Let it happen!

Feel God's Wrecking Ball on the end of the line!

Then Translate that Feel with Real Clubs into Real Golf Shots. The Clubhead is the whiffle ball. The Shaft is the twine.

You are the Rotor.

David slew Goliath.

And so will you!

P.S. I teach only for free and only in cyberspace. And only these past three weeks. I live in the swamp. And to there I most likely soon will return.