8-11 Section 11 – Follow Through - LynnBlakeGolf Forums

8-11 Section 11 – Follow Through

Chapter 8

Old 04-29-2006, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Flat Left Wrist How Long CE#26
Originally Posted by ChrisNZ

This may have been covered, but how long is the flat left wrist held for in the stroke, and or the bent right wrist? Obviously beyond impact, but to the end of the follow through (or can it start to collapse then), or some time after follow through, or never? If held to at least the end of the follow through, is this why you need a pronounced swivel?

Also, is the finish part of the stroke (in terms of the arms etc) a mirror image of the backswing - ie bent left wrist, flat right wrist, or is it, as I saw stated elsewhere (by Yoda on the other Golfing Machine forum I think) a reassembly of the flying wedges with straight left wrist and bent right wrist (that feels super weird to me at the end of my swing!!!!)

Sorry for all the questions, but this one is bugging me a bit!

ChrisNZ

ChrisNZ,

The Left Wrist remains Flat through Impact, through the end of the Follow-Through (Both Arms Straight / 8-11) through the Flat and Swiveling-Back-On Plane Flat Left Wrist -- I know that is an "extra" Flat but I can't help myself and neither could Homer! -- until the Club flashes around the Hands. The Right Wrist loses its Bend as the Left Wrist completes its Hinge Action and Swivels back onto the Plane. Then, and only then, does the Flat Left Wrist Bend -- as the Right Wrist Flattens against the Plane -- and that Bend quickly returns to Flat as the really good players restore their Finish alignments.

The Finish is a mirror image only with Pure Swingers using the Standard Left Wrist Action (10-18-A). Here the Left Wrist is actually turned On Plane in the Backstroke and Swiveled from Release into Impact on the Downstroke.

With Hitters, the Swivel from the Follow-Through into the Finish is the same as with Swingers. However, since they use Single Wrist Action (10-18-C-2), their Backstrokes and Downstrokes (especially from Release) will be markedly different.

Also, Swingers utilizing Single Wrist Action Variation 10-18-C-1 (Horizontal Hinge Motion to the On Plane Top) will not have the Swivel from Release into Impact of the "Pure" Swinger. Instead, they will feel the long, slow Swivel of the Horizontal Hinge Motion from the Top to the Finish per 2-G.,